Welcome to thebackpacker.com
create account login
It's A Crash! Bang! Thang!
Viewing posts 101 to 150 of 188 messages posted.
Jump to Page << prev   | 1   | 2   |  3 | 4   |  next >>
To add this thread as a favorites, you need to first login.
“Sorry Free, I will be up with the rest of the psycho's in Ithaca this weekend.”
“and we're gonna get NAKED!”
“umm your naked sitting on my chair?
please don't scare my birds...”
“yes. it makes twignut very uncomfortable when she comes down to do laundry. but stu's mom likes it.”
“Too Much Innuendo!”
“i thought it was "touch my innerchild"”
“Too Much Information”
“Who needs this big camping weekend?? phhhhhhhhhht!! You need something spiritual, C!B! You need to fly or otherwise get your butt to South Dakota. See YOU KNOW WHAT!! And then hit the AT with new life.
Drinking? partying? WTF are you thinking???
“Hey lizs, you're always welcome at the Psycho B*tch Party. Get a ticket to Ithaca and we'll snarf you up at the airport. Bring your tinfoil hat.”
“Psycho B*tch Party?
LMAO can I be the prez?”
“if "YOU KNOW WHAT!!" is lizs in a sexy nightie or string bikini, im in!”
“Since you're on a temporary trail break I've got a couple of questions for you. I intend to thru hike the AT in '05. I understand you have the Virga tarptent - how do you like it? What kind of sleeping bag? Trailrunners or hiking boots? What's the most useless piece of gear you are carrying (and why in the hell are you still carrying it?)? What do you wish you were carrying with you? If you were starting again, what would you do differently? What kind of camera? What's your favorite color? Thanks and good luck on the rest of your journey...hope you survive Ithaca, that'll be the toughest part.”
“After Ithaca, he could well end up walking south instead of north and not realizing it until he sobers up five days later.”
“Precisely why I won't be there. I need to maintain my spartanesque training regimen...and save some money. Only one of the foregoing is true.”
“Oh, BTW, I'm just as good as the rest of you folks now. I get paid to post. I picked up a part time job (10 hours/week) at the local fitness center. I lift weights for a few minutes, check trail talk, post, and occasionally get interrupted by a damn customer. Last week my boss asked me to do something and I replied that I only got paid enough to show up, but not enough to work. It's really fun seeing how far you can go.”
“1. Virga tarptent - how do you like it?---love it. exceptional personal space for weight, holds up well in a rain-storm, easy set-up and dis-assembly. if i had it to do all over again, here is what i would do: i would leave home the front pole (use a trekking pole in its place) and take an extra rear pole (mine snapped in shenandoah)
2. What kind of sleeping bag?--- Started with North Face Cat's Meow 20 degree bag. If you are a cold sleeper you may want to take a liner to start with. Now I have a super-lightweight summer fleece bag, but I would suggest something a little warmer, since I have regretted this choice on a few spring and even a couple summer nights. I was not miserable, but was not comfortable, either.
3. Trailrunners or hiking boots?---i started with asolo boots and picked up trail-runners at trail days. not sure if ill get trail-runners again. their advantage, of course, is their much lighter weight, the disadvantage is they wear out sooner (mine have already had it).
4. What's the most useless piece of gear you are carrying (and why in the hell are you still carrying it?)?---The hardest to justify and the one i get the most questions about is my bear canister (cmon, its only 2 lbs!). i still have it cuz i paid so freakin much and i STILL hate to bear-bag. i would also consider a light-weight water purification system, like polar pure or miox, rather than a heavy water filter
5. What do you wish you were carrying with you? ---at the moment, my visa card, a warmer sleeping bag, and all the stuff ive left behind in shelters, hostels, and various locations on the trail
6. If you were starting again, what would you do differently? ---there are probably many things, but the biggest one would be focus more on getting my pack-weight down as much as possible
7. What kind of camera? ---Olympus Stylus 120 35mm (not a recommendation, just the cheapy reasonably light-weight camera i happen to have
8. What's your favorite color? Virginia Green Tunnel”
“Thanks. You are now off the ESPN hotseat.”
“to clarify on point 4, i am now carrying polar pure, but i started with the msr miniworks filter”
“"After Ithaca, he could well end up walking south instead of north and not realizing it until he sobers up five days later."
That's so wrong on so many levels -- It would put him across the rockiest part of Pennsylvania all over again. I couldn't wish that on anybody...”
“id realize it as i was climbing down into lehigh gap from superfund mt. those who have done that section know what im talking about”
“Did you say CrashBang got viagra from Tarpy????!?”
“yes, love, he did. its for our first date.”
“a few more entries on trailjournals, thru may 25th. hope to get a few more done before i leave the treehouse”
“Git your butt back on the trail, oh oh oh... I can't resist!!!
Git your butt back on the trail, 2 poops!!!!
Nyah, nyah! lol”
“i hope to god my debit card comes in the mail today so i can get back on the trail tomorrow. ive been off the trail 10 days now and i wanna get back. the trees and their family have been excellent hosts. i wish everyone in the world could have friends this good.”
“It's no problem. We just have been feeding you well so we can fatten you up and see you waddle off into the sunset! :)”
“"so we can fatten you up..."
Run for your life C!B! !!!!!”
“just roll me down and over the connecticut ledges”
“CB, I don't think i've ever seen anyone eat as much as you did this past weekend!”
“Nourishment for the long trail, you needed to replace missing nutrients, in your limited trail diet
yeah, that's it”
“lol, your prolly right, WS, but I swear, every time I saw him, he was chewing on something!”
“He ate aisle 3 and 4 in Wegmans!”
“Whoa! Wegmans ain't you're average grocery store either. I hope those were the hot foods aisles.”
“I noticed from his pics that he seemed to lost quite a bit of himself during his hike.
CB, do be aware that most guys put the weight right back on after they get home from their hikes.”
“Crash Bang seems to have lost his ass on the trail.
You don't want it back?”
~hands over ears~
“LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA IMNOTHEARINGYOUBITPUSHER LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA”
“Hey, if you just do back to eating normally right after the hike, you'll be okay.”
They are programed to eat for 20 mile days.
You stop hiking at the end but the hiking hunger and eating habits are still with you.
You'll blow you like a balloon. ;-)”
“Wow, he must be double-jointed...”
“Good luck CB.
Keep on keeping on.”
“CB where did you get off the trail? Are you skipping NJ and NY?”
“You'll blow you like a balloon. ;-)"
Man, that made no sense.... LOL
Should had read... You'll blow UP like a balloon.”
“wait, whos going to blow me?”
“Stovie, I think!”
He'll blow himself up! ;-)”
“he didn't really leave NYC, he is down in Manhattan for the afternoon, on a field trip to "Burger Heaven"”
“He's tyin' on the feed bag, huh?”
Post a MessageIn order to post a response to this thread you must first be logged in. If you do not already have an account, you must first create a new account.
Ready to Buy Gear?
Great Outdoor Sites